Munno Mu Bulwadde Union of Schemes Organisation (MBUSO) was founded in 2006 by 10 community health Financing (CHF) schemes to bring together all SHU supported CHF schemes in Luweero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola and develop their capacity to support the schemes in case SHU phases out. It was registered as a community based organization (CBO) in 2006. All CHI schemes supported by SHU in the three districts subscribe to MBUSO as members.
To promote, coordinate and support CHF schemes in Luweero, Nakaseke, Nakasongola to run professionally and contract quality health care service providers.
A protected and empowered community in Luweero, Nakasongola , Nakaseke organized in self reliant CHF schemes and network enjoying quality health care services.
Representatives of schemes to MBUSO general assembly during an advocacy training workshop
Kasoma Zone, Luweero West, Luweero Town Council
P.O.BOX 123, LUWERO
Why MBUSO was Formed
1. To strengthen the community owned health micro prepayment schemes into one unifying management board which is bigger and stronger and which will have a bigger recognition and voice.
2. To promote and expand the health prepayment concept in the area.
3. To have in place a support structure that will provide support to individual schemes within the union on various matters concerning the functioning and sustainability of the scheme.
4. To facilitate sharing of experiences by all health prepayment schemes in the 3 Districts of Luweero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola.
5. To act for and on behalf of schemes in some relations especially with partners..
6. To bring together all the stakeholders involved in the programme for implementation, support and guidance.
7. To coordinate the relationship of schemes with the healthcare providers especially in bills payment.
1. MBUSO has contracted seven healthcare service providers including three hospitals and four health centres.
2. The union currently has 64 membership schemes in the three districts of Luwero, Nakasongola and Nakaseke with over 21,504 beneficiaries from , 319 families.
3. MBUSO operates in three districts and 12 sub-counties
4. We are a member organization to Luwero NGO forum, Nakasongola NGO forum and Uganda Community Based Healthcare Financing Association (UCBHFA).
• Save for Health Uganda – Donor, Technical Advisor
• Kiwoko Hospital –Health Care Provider
• Bishop C Asili Hospital – Health Care Provider, Livelihood partner
• Nakaseke Hospital - Health Care Provider
• Franciscan H C - Health Care Provider
• SHU Finance limited –Micro credit partner
• Local Authorities –Regulatory and social support partners
• Holly cross Health Centre Kikyusa - Health Care Provider
• St Matia Mulumba Health Centre Mulajje - Health Care Provider
• St Luke H/C Bombo - Health Care Provider
• Our Lady of Lourdes HC - Health Care Provider
• St. Kizito Nattyole HC - Health Care Provider
1. Respected service contracts signed annually
2. 100% cost recovery from schemes beneficiaries
3. At least 95% satisfaction levels on random annual exit interviews