Munno Mu Bulwadde Union of Schemes Organisation (MBUSO) was founded in 2006 by 10 community health Financing (CHF) sub-schemes. The scheme was formed to bring together all SHU-supported CHF sub-schemes in Luweero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola and develop their capacity for self-sustenance in case SHU phases out. It was registered as a community-based organization (CBO) in 2006. All CHI sub-schemes supported by SHU in the three districts subscribe to MBUSO as members.
A protected and empowered community in Luweero, Nakasongola, and Nakaseke organized in self-reliant CHF schemes and networks enjoying quality health care services.
To mobilize and educate families about CHI in Luwero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola districts to join the scheme and support each other in accessing quality healthcare services
About this CHI Scheme
- To strengthen the community-owned health micro prepayment schemes into one unifying management board which is bigger and stronger and which will have a bigger recognition and voice.
- To promote and expand the health prepayment concept in the area.
- To have in place a support structure that will provide support to individual sub-schemes within the scheme on various matters concerning the functioning and sustainability of the scheme.
- To facilitate the sharing of experiences by all health prepayment sub-schemes in the 3 Districts of Luweero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola.
- To act for and on behalf of sub-schemes in some relations especially with partners.
- To bring together all the stakeholders involved in the programme for implementation, support and guidance.
- To coordinate the relationship of sub-schemes with the healthcare providers especially in bills payment.
- MBUSO has contracted sixteen healthcare service providers including three hospitals, eleven health centres and two pharmacies.
- The scheme currently has 68 sub-schemes in the three districts of Luwero, Nakasongola and Nakaseke with over 19,149 (10,608 females and 8,541 males) beneficiaries from 2,449 families.
- MBUSO operates in three districts and 12 sub-counties
- MBUSO is a member of NGO fora both in Luwero and Nakasongola districts.
- Save for Health Uganda – Donor, Technical Advisor
- Contracted Health Care Providers (Kiwoko Hospital, Bishop C Asili Hospital, Nakaseke Hospital, Franciscan HC, Holly Cross HC Kikyusa, St Matia Mulumba HC Mulajje, St Luke HC Bombo, Our Lady of Lourdes HC, St. Kizito Nattyole HC, St Mary’s Ksaala HC, Good Samaritan HC, St Jerome HC COVE, Kaludo Pharmacy and Ya Ffe Pharmacy.)
- SHU Finance Limited –Micro Finance partner
- Local Authorities –Regulatory and social support partners
- Respected service contracts signed annually
- Paid fully and in time all medical bills presented by contracted HCPs
- At least 95% satisfaction levels on random annual exit interviews
Kalongomiti Zone, Kiwogozi Parish,
Luweero Town Council,
P.O. BOX 123, Luweero, Uganda
Tel: +256 774 490197/+256 753 453204 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org